February 10th, 2011
- With over 14 years of experience, Mr. Walker provides leadership and technical experience for design and construction projects, including expertise in high definition laser scanning and 3D modeling. He is proficient in computer software including Leica Cyclone, Leica Cloudworx, Scan to Bim, and Revit.
- Mr. Walker has presented High Definition Scanning nationally at the Leica International Users Group and the Association of Preservation Technology International and regionally to several universities and professional groups. Additionally, he was selected by Imaginit/Avatech as a beta tester for “Scan to BIM”
- Marymount Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio – Project Manager for 3D laser scanning and 2D drawings of the Marymount Hospital basement as the as-built documention. The proposed MEP renovations included 30 new – 4” utility lines in a highly congested area. The designers were able to determine the most efficient route and minimize potential construction clashes. Project Size – 50,000 square feet, $65 million in construction costs.
- Quapaw Bathhouse, National Park Services, Hot Springs, Arkansas – Project Manager for 3D laser scanning of Historic Bathhouse for proposed renovations. The bathhouses and surrounding area were set aside by Thomas Jefferson prior to the National Park Service and went on to become the nation’s first National Park. We were tasked with capturing the exiting conditions, including the interior and exterior of the tower, for the design team as the as-built documentation. Project Size – 15,000 square feet, $2 million in construction costs.
- Fort Gratiot Lighthouse, Port Huron, Michigan – Project Manager for 3D laser scanning of Historic Fort Gratiot Lighthouse. The light house predates Michigan’s statehood and has just been returned to the state from the Coast Guard. The laser scan was utilized as the as-built documentation for the renovation. Project Size – 5,000 square feet, $1.0 million in construction costs.
- Chemistry Building Addition, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan – Project Manager for 3D laser scanning of newly constructed columns and structural steel to verify elements within tolerances. We provided 2D drawings and a 3D model to illustrate variances from design to construction. Project Size – 30,000 square feet, $35 million in construction costs.
- Allen Theater, Playhouse District, Cleveland, Ohio – Project Manager for 3D laser scanning of existing theater in Cleveland’s Historic Playhouse District and provided 2D floor plans and cross sections drawings. These drawings became the base files for the design model. Project Size – 24,000 square feet, $3.5 million in construction costs.
- University of Texas at Dallas, Founders Building, Richardson, TX – Contracted by Turner Construction to provide laser scanning and 3D modeling services on the 132,000 square foot Founders Building on the University of Texas at Dallas campus. The point cloud and overhead utility model were used as the existing conditions overlay in NavisWorks. The MEP consultants utilized the 3D model as their base to design new utility infrastructure. Clash detection was run on the proposed utility pipe against the point cloud and 3D model illustrating minimal clashes. Project Size – 132,000 square feet, $26 million in construction costs.
- Henry Ford Health Systems, West Bloomfield, MI – Contracted by Turner Construction to provide laser scanning and 3D modeling services for the hospital renovations. During the demolition phase of the project, laser scans of the labs were taken to assist MEP consultants with the utility design. The point cloud and utility model were integrated with BIM software to perform clash detection. Project Size – 225,000 square feet, $73 million in construction costs.
- Midwestern Consulting since 2008
- Gastinger Walker Harden Architects, Kansas City, MO, 2007-2008
- Atwell-Hicks, Ann Arbor, MI, 2002-2007
- TranSystems Corporation, Kansas City, MO, 1997-2001
- B.S. / Civil Engineering / University of Kansas
- Professional Engineer, Michigan / Kansas / Missouri / Pennsylvania
- United States Green Building Council
- Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- Association of Preservation Technology International, Eastern Great Lakes Region