March 3rd, 2011
- With over 15 years experience in civil engineering and 3 years in laser scanning, Mr. Lear provides support for high definition laser scanning and 3D modeling. He is proficient in computer software including Leica Cyclone, Leica Cloudworx, Leica Topo II, and AutoCAD.
- Quapaw Bathhouse, National Park Services, Hot Springs, Arkansas – Laser Scanning Analyst for 3D laser scanning of Historic Bathhouse for proposed renovations. The bathhouses and surrounding area were set aside by Thomas Jefferson prior to the National Park Service and went on to become the nation’s first National Park. We were tasked with capturing the exiting conditions, including the interior and exterior of the tower, for the design team as the as-built documentation. Project Size – 15,000 square feet, $2 million in construction costs.
- Fort Gratiot Lighthouse, Port Huron, Michigan – Laser Scanning Analyst for 3D laser scanning of Historic Fort Gratiot Lighthouse. The light house predates Michigan’s statehood and has just been returned to the state from the Coast Guard. The laser scan was utilized as the as-built documentation for the renovation. Project Size – 5,000 square feet, $1.0 million in construction costs.
- Chemistry Building Addition, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan – Laser Scanning Analyst for 3D laser scanning of newly constructed columns and structural steel to verify elements within tolerances. We provided 2D drawings and a 3D model to illustrate variances from design to construction. Project Size – 30,000 square feet, $35 million in construction costs.
- Bowen Parking Lot, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan – Laser Scanning Analyst and Design Engineer for 3D laser scanning of renovation of existing parking lot into two parking lots set amongst a park like environment. We scanned the parking lot and surrounding buildings to provide a 2D topographical drawing and 3D images to illustrate the visual corridor. Project Size – 2 acres, $0.5 million in construction costs.
- Cell Towers, Verizon Wireless, Various sites in Michigan, Indiana – Laser Scanning Analyst for 3D laser scanning, 3D modeling and 2D drawings for over 300 cell towers located throughout Michigan and Indiana. We provide site plans of the grounds, flythroughs of the towers, antennae clearance limits, TruViews of the site and compounds, and 2D drawings of the compounds.
- Midwestern Consulting since 2002
- City of Livonia, 1991-2002
- B.S. / Construction Engineering / Lawrence Technological University
- Professional Engineer, Michigan