Our solutions for waste disposal and management services combine effective technical design, risk management and environmental quality strategies. Midwestern’s expertise supports your program life cycles, from planning and design for new construction to existing system monitoring and management to expansions, closures and reclamation projects.
Combined with active, collaborative relationships with local and state regulatory agencies, our team supports ongoing environmental and engineering needs of private industry, municipalities and regional institutions. Our experience and capabilities can tackle diverse projects ranging from small sewage disposal systems to 500-acre combined solid and hazardous waste landfills.
- Arbor Hills is a 700-acre, multi-faceted facility located in northeastern Washtenaw County and consists of three distinct operating areas: Arbor Hills Landfill, Arbor Hills Center for Resource Management (AHCRM), and Arbor Hills Composting Facility.
- Midwestern Consulting has provided and continues to provide planning, analysis, civil and environmental engineering design, permit preparation, construction documents, surveying, and construction management and documentation for the facility.
- Project scope included the East and West Landfills as well as the:
- Material recovery center and buy-back center
- Methane recovery facility
- Wood processing center
- Environmental education facility and nature trails
- Leachate storage tanks and force main